Every year in October I’m faced with the same dilemma; pulling together a costume for some type of Halloween related party or event. I know there are tons of commercial costumes available at the stores and online, but between the cost, and lack of imagination, and the fact you end up with a half dozen people all looking the same at a party, I often like to go the homemade route. This year I decided to go with a homemade iPod Touch costume.
- Hanes TAGLESS T-Shirt
- Avery Dark T-shirt Transfers for Inkjet Printers
- Skitch or some other screen capture software
- Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop, or some other word processing app
Here’s the steps I took to create:
- Using Word, I created an app icon template to layout the artwork for printing. Download Template
- Locate each app for the t-shirt in the iTunes store.
- Use Skitch to grab a 183×183 copy of the app icon.
- Drag the artwork from Skitch into Word template.
- Format artwork in Word to be approximately 2.33″ x 2.33″
- Print Word Doc on Avery Transfers
- Cut and trim app icons
- Layout apps on t-shirt
- Iron on individual app cutouts
- Wash t-shirt inside out before wearing